Vishay Intertechnology (Malvern, PA) introduced a new environmentally friendly metallized polypropylene film capacitor for DC-link applications that offers a broad capacitance range of 1 µF to 500 µF, compact footprints, and voltage ratings from 500 to 1,200 V. With its high capacitance per volume and a life of > 100,000 hours at +70 °C under nominal DC voltage, the MKP1848C is designed for industrial power applications, including renewable energy inverters, motor drives, and power supplies. Additional features include:
- A low ESR down to 1.5 mΩ.
- A low self-inductance of < 1 nH per mm of lead spacing.
- A high peak current capabilities up to 1,560 A.
- A high RMS current up to 55 A.
- A capacitance density up to 1 µF / cm³.
- A maximum operating temperature of +105 °C.
For more information, visit www.vishay.com.