Schaefer (Hopkinton, MA) announced the New SCS family of air or liquid cooled energy storage solutions for mission critical or remote location requirements that need to perform under extreme environmental conditions in alternative energy, military and rail. The SCS has a maintenance-free design that offers the ability to provide highly reliable energy storage as a standalone solution or to extend the battery life of a present storage solution. They are resistant to intense shock, vibration and high temperatures while operating up to 1200 VDC and up to Megawatts when configured in a system solution. Standard features include:
- Active balancing.
- Real-time measurement of cell, modules, system voltages and temperatures.
- Detection of cell over-temperature and over-voltage.
- Passive balancing of cells.
- Data transmit over RS485.
- Communication via CAN-Bus.
For more information, visit www.schaeferpower.com.