Analog Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADI) (Tampa, FL) has introduced new highly integrated RF ICs that greatly simplify the design and reduce the development cost of multi-band base stations and point-to-point (PtP) radios. These new devices include the ADRF6720 I/Q modulator, ADRF6820 I/Q demodulator, and ADRF6612 dual-mixer. The highly integrated devices enable the design of base station and high-performance radios requiring multi-band support, high dynamic range and wide channel bandwidths. These products are ideal for designs for 3G/4G communication, microwave PtP radios, military/aerospace, and instrumentation applications. ADI’s new RF ICs offer the same performance as radio designs based on a combination of discrete solutions, yet in a significantly smaller form factor. The new devices feature an embedded low phase noise synthesizer, RF switch and balun, digital step attenuator (DSA), and programmable linearity optimization.
Features for each include:
ADRF6720 I/Q Modulator:
- I/Q modulator with integrated fractional-N PLL.
- RF output frequency range: 700 to 3,000 MHz.
- Internal LO frequency range: 356.25 to 2,855 MHz.
- Output P1dB: 12.2 dBm at 2,140 MHz.
- Output IP3: 32.6 dBm at 2,140 MHz.
- Noise floor: −157.9 dBm/Hz at 2,140 MHz.
- Power supply: 3.3 V/425 mA.
ADRF6820 I/Q Demodulator:
- I/Q demodulator with integrated fractional-N PLL.
- RF input frequency range: 695 to 2,700 MHz.
- Internal LO frequency range: 356.25 to 2,850 MHz.
- Input P1dB: 14.5 dBm at 1,900 MHz RF.
- Input IP3: 35 dBm at 1,900 MHz RF.
- RF digital step attenuation range: 0 to 15 dB.
- Demodulated 1 dB bandwidth: 600 MHz.
ADRF6612 Dual RF Mixer:
- RF frequency 700 to 3,000 MHz continuous.
- LO grequency 200 to 2,700 MHz, high or low side inject.
- IF range 40 to 500 MHz.
- Power conversion gain of 9.2 dB.
- SSB noise figure of 11.3 dB.
- Input IP3 of 28 dBm.
- Input P1dB of 10 dBm.
For more information visit analog.com.