Advantech (Taipei, Taiwan) announces the release of its newest Mini-ITX application board. The SOM-AB5810 is ideal for harsh environments and perfect for outdoor surveillance, industrial automation, digital signage, kiosk applications, and much more.
SOM-AB5810 is designed to interlock with performance COM Express® Basic and Compact type 6 pin-out CPU modules to provide a range of choices for customers. Compatible Advantech CPU models include SOM-5892 with 3rd Gen. Intel® Core™, SOM-5894, and SOM-6894 with 4th Gen. Intel® Core™. Based on the COM-Express® architecture, these modules offer high scalability for platform upgrades in the future, and cost effective protection for customers concerned about their confidentiality. To achieve extended temperature requirements, all the components on SOM-AB5810 are screened and validated for normal and wide-range working temperature operation. This gives customers more options when they design their Mini-ITX projects with these environment in mind.
SOM-AB5810 is designed for ATX power supply and optional DC-in via an adapter. ATX power supply can deliver under 47 W to the CPU module board (Note: ATX power supply should be more than 200 W). For the optional DC-in adapter power design, it can deliver under 17 W to the CPU module. For the I/O interface, SOM-AB5810 supports standard and low profile design types. The standard I/O interface fits with a standard Mini-ITX I/O shielding and standard Mini-ITX chassis without alterations. The low profile I/O interface can meet both standard I/O shielding or customized interface within a low profile chassis design.
- Pin to pin compatibility with COM Express® Basic and Compact type 6 pin-out CPU modules.
- Support for both normal and wide-range temperature demands.
- Support for standard ATX power and optional DC-in models.
- Support for 1 x VGA, 1 LVDS, 2 HDMI.
- Support for 1 x PCIe x16 (ATX SKU), 1 x PCIe x1 (DC-in SKU), 4 SATA (ATX SKU), 2 SATA (DC-in SKU), mSATA (for optional), 2 mini-PCIe, 1 LAN, 4 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, and 2 COM ports.
- Advantech's SUSIAccess remote device management software and iManager firmware self-management tool, both preloaded.
For more information visit advantech.com.