Silicon Labs (Austin, TX) [NASDAQ: SLAB] has announced a major expansion to its ARM-based Ember ZigBee system-on-chip (SoC) portfolio delivering unmatched wireless performance, energy efficiency and reliability for the Internet of Things (IoT). The Ember ZigBee family offers USB connectivity and a local storage bootloader to help developers reduce bill of material (BOM) cost and system complexity. The EM358x SoC family provides an ideal mesh networking platform for feature-rich, next-generation ZigBee applications for the IoT, which often incorporate multiple processors. Additional features include:
- A 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 RF transceiver.
- An ARM Cortex-M3 processor,
- 256 kB or 512 kB of flash memory.
- 32 kB or 64 kB of RAM.
- A configurable total link budget up to 110 dB.
- 8 dBm transmit power.
- Pin- and software-compatible drop-in replacements.
For more information, visit www.silabs.com.