Pharad (Hanover, MD) has introduced two new Wearable Antennas for use in the Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV). The two antennas are the first in a new series of VHF and UHF antennas to be added to Pharad’s patented wearable antenna product line. The VHF IOTV wearable antenna operates from 30 to 512 MHz and is intended to be paired with a VHF Tactical Radio. The UHF IOTV wearable antenna operates from 225 MHz to 6 GHz and can operate with wideband radios or signal intelligence equipment. Features include:
- Thin flexible materials that conform to the exterior of the body & outer garments.
- A user-friendly alternative to whip or stub antennas.
- Communications link performance is maintained without hindering the user’s vision or mobility.
- Various mounting configurations & spatially diverse antenna systems.
- Easily connects to most radios.
For more information, visit www.pharad.com.