Littelfuse (Chicago, IL) has introduced a new series of two-channel, general-purpose TVS Diode Arrays (SPA Diodes) optimized to help circuit designers protect sensitive equipment from damage due to electrostatic discharge (ESD), electrical fast transients (EFT), and lightning-induced surges. The SM Series is available in SOT23-3 packaging in reels of 3,000 each and features:
- Five voltage options: 5, 12, 15, 24, 36 V.
- Absorption of repetitive ESD that strikes above the maximum level specified in international standards.
- Up to 24 A of induced surge current.
- Protection against electrical threats to datacom ports like RS 232, RS-485, RS-422, RS-423, etc., which are commonly used in automation equipment, diagnostic devices, security and alarm systems, printers, test equipment, etc.
- Reduced clamping voltages, ensuring modern ICs survive industry-defined electrical threats, such as ESD and lightning-induced surges.
- 25 percent higher power handling capability than similar solutions.
For more information, visit www.littelfuse.com