Elma Electronic (Fremont, CA) has introduced the X4, the first in a family of new rugged switches based on the latest Hall Effect sensor coding technology. Hall Effect sensing technology offers enhanced reliability and performance where conventional switches would not survive, such as in the presence of dust and/or vibration. Any device required to withstand harsh environments as found in the construction, transportation, industrial and defense industries could benefit from the X4. Elma’s X4 Series Hall Effect Sensor Coded Switch features:
- A 5-bit gray code output with 12 or 24 positions.
- A parallel analog and PWM outputs.
- Either 30 or 15 degrees indexing angles.
- A 1.5 to 20 N cm selectable switching torque.
- An indexing mechanism with a life of up to 100,000 switching cycles.
- A stainless steel shaft and zinc housing.
- An operating temperature range from -30 to +85°C.
- A push-button switch option.
For more information, please visit www.elma.com