Vishay Intertechnology (Malvern, PA) [NYSE: VSH] has introduced a new Hi-Rel series of TANTAMOUNT surface-mount, solid tantalum molded chip capacitors for military and aerospace applications. Available with high-reliability screening and surge current testing options in accordance with MIL-PRF-55365, the Vishay Sprague T42 series features:
- A built-in fuse for fail-safe operation.
- A low ESR down to 80 mΩ @ +25 °C and 100 kHz.
- Applicability in filtering, decoupling, and energy storage applications in weapons and radar systems, avionics, and space-based electronics.
- Protection @ 5 A for 10 ms.
- A multi-anode "mirror" structure that reduces ESR by at least 50%.
- A capacitance from 10 to 470 μF.
- Tolerances of ± 10% and ± 20%.
- Voltage ratings from 16 to 75 VDC.
- An operating temperature range from -55° to +85°C, +125 °C with voltage derating.
- A max ripple current from 0.7 to 1.8 A
For more informaiton visit www.vishay.com.