National Instruments (Austin, TX) has announced a platform that will enable rapid prototyping of these systems - the NI USRP RIO. Building on NI USRP (Universal Software Radio Peripheral), a research platform already popular in academia and industry. The USRP RIO features an open LabVIEW programmable FPGA architecture.
Ideal for a wide range of applications, including 5G, radar, communications intelligence and connected smart devices, the USRP RIO makes it possible to prototype more capable wireless algorithms and systems faster and reduce time to results using the only complete platform to take full advantage of a graphical system design approach.
- High-performance 2 x 2 multiple imput.
- Multiple output (MIMO) RF transceiver capable of transmitting and receiving signals from 50 MHz to 6 GHz.
- Real-time processing with the Xilinx Kintex-7 Series FPGA.
- Low latency with PCI Express connection to host computer.
- Small size (1U half wide, 19 inch rack mountable).
For more information visit ni.com.