Analog Devices (Norwood, MA) recently announced the release of ultra-low-noise LDO (low-dropout) regulators for RF (radio frequency) signal devices. The ADM7150/1:
- Operates from 4.5 to 16 V.
- Provides up to 800-mA of output current.
- Supports output voltages from 1.5 to 5.0 V.
- Achieves an output-NSD (noise spectral density) of 1.4 nV/rtHz from 10 kHz to 1 MHz, which significantly reduces VCO (voltage-controlled oscillator) phase noise in point-to-point microwave radios, satellite communications, defense electronics, and other wideband applications.
- Contains user adjustable CBYP, which can significantly reduce low frequency 1/f noise (8 nV/rtHz at 100 Hz) for precision analog front-end measurement systems.
- Achieves line and load transient responses of 0.01%/V and 0.4%/A respectively with a 10-µF ceramic output capacitor.
- High PSRR (power-supply rejection ratio) performance of greater than 90 dB from 1 to 100 kHz, and greater than 60 dB at 1 MHz. This effectively filters DC-DC switching regulator ripple, saving space by minimizing the size of discrete filtering components normally needed.
Order samples and download data sheets, reference designs, and technical documents: http://www.analog.com/ADM7151
For more information, visit http://www.ez.analog.com