Qualcomm (Amsterdam) recently announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Atheros, has introduced a new HomePlug AV2 product, the QCA7500, to deliver Gigabit-class performance and optimal coverage throughout the home using existing electrical wiring. The QCA7500 is a highly integrated powerline solution optimized for high performance in a small form factor. Building on Qualcomm Atheros’ powerline leadership in HomePlug AV and HomePlug Green PHY, the QCA7500 has been validated by real-world testing and product deployments to set the bar for true whole home coverage at a lower cost for service providers.
- Gigabit-class speeds over electrical wiring to ensure high speeds in more locations for whole home IPTV.
- Over-the-top (OTT) and/or video-on-demand (VOD) video distribution.
- Doubles the coverage boost over current HomePlug AV products.
- Serves as a high bandwidth backbone, ideal for extending carrier-grade Wi-Fi connections everywhere in the home.
- Supports TR069 remote management support, giving service providers the convenient tools to run diagnostics and manage customer accounts remotely.
- Based on the HomePlug AV2 standard.
- Interoperable with HomePlug AV and Green PHY products in the segment.
- Meets global powerline regulatory requirements.
- Improved peak data rates.
- Expanded coverage enabled by MIMO with beamforming and use of additional spectrum to increase application throughput for multiple HD streams and other applications.
- Power control and power save features manage transmission power and optimize power consumption.
For more information, please visit www.qualcomm.com