Littelfuse (Chicago, IL) has introduced the SE Series of Gas Discharge Tube (GDT) devices in a square, miniature EIA 1206 package. The ultra-low capacitance of SE Series GDTs helps ensure high transmission speeds in broadband applications. They also respond rapidly to fast-rising transients to enhance the protection of sensitive circuitry. The SE Series’ stability in multiple pulse duty cycles helps circuit designers boost reliability in applications designed to protect against overvoltage surge. Under normal operating conditions, GDTs maintain a high resistance state, but when a voltage surge occurs (such as due to a lighting surge disturbance), they will discharge from open to short status to provide robust overvoltage protection. When the fault is removed, the GDT returns to a high resistance state and restores the circuit to normal operation. SE Series GDTs are well suited for a broad range of applications, including security system components such as satellite and CATV equipment, CCTV equipment, analog video, set-top boxes, and RS-485 and Ethernet applications.
- Optimizes the use of board space with a low-profile, small (3.2 x 1.6 x 1.6 mm) surface-mount package.
- Allows for higher transmission speeds in broadband applications due to <0.5 pF capacitance.
- Enhances protection for sensitive circuits with its excellent response to fast-rising transients.
- Helps to preserve signal integrity due to ultra-low insertion loss.
- Boosts reliability in applications designed to protect against overvoltage surge because of its excellent stability on multiple pulse duty cycles.
For more information, please visit www.littelfuse.com