Vishay Intertechnology (Malvern, PA) has introduced a new series of surface-mount multilayer ceramic chip capacitors (MLCC) for safety-certified applications. VJ Safety series devices are offered with C0G (NP0) and X7R dielectrics, each offering X1/Y2 and X2 safety classifications with 250 VAC voltage ratings.
The newly released Vishay Vitramon devices are optimized for EMI and AC line filtering and lightning strike and voltage surge protection in power supplies, battery chargers, and isolators for fax machines and telephones, modems and routers, and AC equipment and appliances. Offered in 2008, 2012, and 2220 case sizes with low profiles to save board space and fully conform with latest creepage distance requirements, these capacitors are approved to IEC 60384-14:2005, 3rd edition.
Features of VJ Safety devices with a C0G (NP0) dielectric:
- Low capacitance down to 10 pF.
- A temperature coefficient of capacitance (TCC) of 0 ± 30 ppm/°C from -55 to +125 °C.
- Aging rate of 0 % maximum per decade.
- If higher capacitance values are needed, X7R devices provide capacitance to 12 nF, TCC of ± 15 % from -55 to +125 °C, with 0 VDC applied, and an aging rate of 1 % maximum per decade.
- Capacitors with X1/Y2 and X2 safety classifications offer peak impulse voltages of 5000 and 2500 V, respectively.
- Compliant with Vishay "Green" standards.
For more information, please visit www.vishay.com