TE Connectivity (Harrisburg, PA) recently unveiled its zSFP+ pluggable I/O interconnects, the company’s new line of high-speed connectors and cages. Designed to transfer data at 28 Gbps, the zSFP+ interconnects have potential for upgrade to 40 Gbps.
TE’s zSFP+ interconnects are part of the company’s 28 Gbps product portfolio that is expanding steadily to cover all connectivity requirements of communication systems – routers, servers, switches etc. From the front panel of a system to its backplane, TE is offering 28 Gbps interconnects to help OEM/ODM designers re-architect the data center.
The zSFP+ pluggable I/O interconnect is offered as a dual source with Molex. Both companies will manufacture, market, and sell interchangeable zSFP+ products to provide a dual source to the global market.
TE’s portfolio of zSFP+ interconnects is used for a broad range of equipment in networking, data center, and wireless infrastructure environments. Product specifications include:
- Fast single-channel data rate, currently rated to 28 Gbps with the ability to upgrade to 40 Gbps.
- Compliant to SFF-8402 and adopted for Fiber Channel 32G (28.05 Gbps line rate).
- Backward compatibility with previous generations of connectors – the zSFP+ connector can easily serve as a replacement for existing SFP and SFP+ connectors.
- Offers customers more electrical margin to meet tight design requirements.
- Preserved signal integrity through enhanced electromagnetic interference emission (EMI) containment.
- Complementary to other high-speed design platforms, such as copper cable assemblies, active fiber products, passive fiber cable assemblies and high-speed backplane interconnects.
For more information, please visit www.te.com/products/zsfp+go