Measurement Specialties (Hampton, VA) now offers the 89BSD, a small profile, piezoresistive silicon pressure sensor housed in a rugged 316L stainless steel package.
In addition to its backside, headerless design that enables a compact 9 mm diameter, the new sensor is also low cost for budget-conscious applications. Combined with the unit’s 24-bit ΔΣ ADC supporting an I2C interface, the sensor is ideal for a variety of precision pressure measurement applications. Uses include tank level, manifold pressure, and barometric pressure measurement as well as dive computers, sealed systems, and corrosive fluid and gas measurement systems. The 89BSD features:
- Pressure range from 6 bar to 28 bar, available in absolute or sealed gage.
- Both temperature and pressure read-outs in high-performance applications.
- An O-ring.
- Media-isolation, protecting the sensing element from harsh environmental conditions.
- Custom ASIC used for temperature compensation and offset correction.
- Total error band (TEB) of up to ±3% FSO.
- Temperature accuracy of ±2°C over the full operating temperature range of -40° to +85°C.
- Temperature resolution of 0.01°C.
- Silicon oil ensuring stable transfer of pressure from the 316L SS diaphragm to the sensing element.
- Power consumption less than 1microamp.
- Standby power less than 0.15 microamps.
- Input voltage from 1.8 to 3.6 V.
- Long term stability of 0.2% span per year.
The 89BSD can be welded or threaded, depending on the application’s mounting requirements. Fitted with a flex cable, the sensor can be connected to a smaller terminal where size is of primary concern.
For more information, please visit www.meas-spec.com