AVX (Greenville, SC) has updated its advanced SpiCalci 8.0 SPICE modeling software with the addition of two new high temperature multilayer ceramic capacitor series for power electronics employed in harsh environment applications such as down-hole oil drilling. Now featuring the SMX-style stacked, switch mode power supply (SMPS) MLCCs and SXP-style encapsulated, radial-leaded MLCCs – both of which are rated for up to 200° C and exhibit low ESR, ESL, and DC leakage in addition to excellent high frequency performance – SpiCalci 8.0 helps design engineers validate circuits before they are built by allowing them to simulate frequency performance plots and other data for specific AVX components.
- Two dielectrics (C0G and X7R/X9U).
- Low ESR/ESL.
- Rugged mechanical shock and vibration capabilities.
- Wide frequency response in high pulse, high current, and high temperature applications up to 200°C.
- Ideal for down-hole oil exploration, including logging while drilling and geophysical probes, as well as for space, aerospace, and hybrid automotive applications.
- Well suited for DC filters in high power, high frequency motor drives, and high pulsed-current circuitry.
Standard SMX MLCCs are rated for 25-500 V and 1 nF to 340 µF and standard SXP MLCCs are rated for 50-1,000 V and 100 pF to 10 µF; however, both series are available with custom values, ratings, leads, and packaging upon request.
For more information, please visit www.avx.com