Vishay Precision Group (Malvern, PA) has announced that its Vishay Foil Resistors brand (VFR) has released a new ultra-high-precision Z1-Foil flip-chip resistor, the FRFC 0805. Based on VFR's next-generation Bulk Metal Z1-Foil technology, the FRFC 0805 (foil resistor flip-chip) excels over all previous stability standards for precision resistors with an order of magnitude improvement in high-temperature stability, load-life stability, and moisture resistance. These new benchmark levels of performance provide design engineers with the tools to build circuits not previously achievable while reducing costs and space in the most critical applications by eliminating the need for corrective circuitry and reducing the large land patterns needed for a wrap-around configuration. The device's flip-chip configuration saves up to 35% PCB space compared with a surface-mount chip with wraparound terminations while also providing strain relief to eliminate cracked substrates and board delamination. Features include:
- Load-life stability of ±0.005% (50 ppm) at 70°C.
- Rated power for 2,000 hours.
- Low typical TCR of ±0.05 ppm/°C from 0°C to +60°C and ±0.2 ppm/°C from -55°C to +125°C (+25°C ref.).
- Power TCR (ΔR due to self-heating) of 5 ppm at rated power.
- Tight tolerances to ±0.01%.
For more information, visit www.vishaypg.com.