Carlo Gavazzi (Buffalo Grove, IL) has launched their new RSGD (2-phase controlled) compact General Purpose Softstarter for loads up to 40 Hp. During the starting of an induction motor, current levels may reach values of 5 to 8 times the rated motor current. Starting these motors via contactors may result in currents as high as 15 times the rated motor current, increasing the occurrence of electrical and mechanical disturbances. The RSGD Softstarter Series reduces the starting current down to 3 to 4 times the rated motor current, resulting in smoother starting and stopping of motors, which then increases the lifetime of the motor and reduces the electrical disturbances on the supply network. Features include:
- An auto-adaptive algorithm for optimal inrush current reduction and current balancing.
- A user-friendly interface.
- An intelligent algorithm that reacts to stalled motors.
- Compact dimensions of 45 A in a 45-mm wide housing.
- Optional relay outputs that include Top of Ramp (bypass) and Alarm.
For more information, visit www.GavazziOnline.com.