Peregrine Semiconductor (San Diego, CA) released four new DuNE Digitally Tunable Capacitors (DTCs), creating the industry’s broadest integrated RF tuning IC portfolio. The PE64906, PE64907, PE64908, and PE64909 DTCs feature a wide capacitance range of 0.6 – 7.7 pF and support power handling up to 34 dBm into 50 Ohms (30 Vpk RF). The monolithic DTCs include integrated bias generation, RF filtering and bypassing, control interface, and ESD protection of 2 kV HBM, all incorporated into a 2 mm x 2 mm package. The devices provide an easy-to-use solution for antenna tuning and impedance matching applications, as well as tunable filters and phase shifters in the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), military radio, Test-and-Measurement (T&M), Machine-to-Machine (M2M), and wireless infrastructure markets. Features include:
- Frequency range of 100 – 3,000 MHz.
- High tuning accuracy, linear step size, and temperature stability.
- HaRP technology enhancements enable high linearity of IIP3 of >+65 dBm at 50 Ohms.
- Direct battery voltage operation, with consistent performance enabled by on-chip voltage regulation.
- Low supply and standby currents of 140 and 24 microamperes (VDD = 2.75V).
For more information visit www.psemi.com.