Molex Incorporated (Lisle, IL) has announced its Projected Capacitive Touchscreens, which leverage existing Molex capacitive switch technology to deliver multi-touch functionality that is responsive and intuitive to operate. The touchscreens allow OEMs to meet specific customer needs by providing customized embedded software; multiple screen and glass styles; a variety of treatment finishes; and various output interface choices. Features include:
- An etched conductive layer that senses touches through the protective layers, providing a long user life of up to 200 million actuations.
- A 10-point, multi-touch capability, which allows advanced gesturing functionality such as pan, rotate, expand, and flick.
- A range of screen design sizes between 2.00 to 32.00 and in 4,096 by 4,096 dpi resolution.
- A variety of screen materials including glass-and-glass, glass-and-film, film-and-film
- Different glass styles including general, chemical reinforced, and tempered; as well as, surface treatment finishes including anti-glare, anti-reflective, and clear.
- Embedded software that can be configured to meet specific electrical output requirements.
- Multiple output interfaces including USB, I2C, and discrete signals.
For more information visit www.molex.com.