Transphorm Inc. (Goleta, CA) has announced the Total GaN family of GaN (Gallium Nitride) on silicon transistors and diodes, establishing a JEDEC-qualified 600 V GaN device platform. This marks a significant milestone in the broad adoption of GaN-based power electronics in power supplies and adapters, PV inverters for solar panels, motor drives, as well as power conversion for electric vehicles. Based on Transphorm’s patented, high-performance EZ-GaN technology, the TPH3006PS GaN high electron mobility transistor (HEMT) combines low switching and conduction losses to reduce energy loss by 50 percent compared to conventional silicon-based power conversion designs. Features include:
- Low on-state resistance RDS(on) of 150 mΩ.
- Low reverse-recovery charge (Qrr) of 54 nC.
- High-frequency switching capability.
- 6 and 4 A operating currents.
- A forward voltage of 1.3 V.
For more information visit www.transphormusa.com.