OptiMedica Corp. (Sunnyvale, CA) has announced the closing of a $35 million growth round of financing. Proceeds will be used to continue the rapid global commercialization of the company’s Catalys Precision Laser System for cataract surgery, support the development of innovative system enhancements, and fuel a next-generation portfolio of additional products. OptiMedica’s Catalys is U.S. FDA market cleared and CE mark approved for performing every step of the laser cataract procedure. Additional features include:
- A patient docking interface.
- An image-guidance system.
- A Liquid Optics Interface that is designed to provide a stable, yet comfortable dock and a clear optical path for the OCT and laser.
- Integral Guidance, which is an image-guidance system that identifies ocular surfaces, and establishes safety zones allowing the physician to select and customize the treatment.
- Intuitive and ergonomically designed user controls.
- An easy-to-use and elegant graphical user interface designed to simplify the planning process and minimize the time the patient is under the dock.
For more information please visit www.optimedica.com.