Hittite Microwave Corporation (Chelmsford, MA) has released a compact, dual-channel 32 Gbps Mach-Zehnder Optical Modulator Driver to further expand its fiber optics portfolio to support the next generation of 40 and 100 Gbps Metro and Long-haul applications. The HMC6620BG is the first dual channel modulator driver that features:
- A compact BGA package (13.76 x 13 x 3.63 mm) with excellent channel-to-channel isolation of > 30 dB up to 30 GHz.
- Optional top or bottom cooling capability to ease space constrained module designs.
- High gain of 30 dB across a wide frequency range.
- Low power dissipation.
- An integrated peak detector function, fast rise/fall time, and integrated bias-tee inductor.
- 8 Vp-p saturated output swing up to 32 Gbps.
- Output swing cross point adjustment.
- A supply operating range from +5 to +7 V.
- 0.9 W of power with output swing of 6 V and supply @ +5 V.
- An operating temperature range from -5 ° to +85 °C.
For more information visit www.hittite.com.