Lantronix, Inc. today announced the launch of its new PremierWave® XC, a unique, hybrid GSM/GPRS and Ethernet dual-port serial device server that allows remote access to, and management of, virtually any serial device via a GSM/GPRS or Ethernet network.
PremierWave XC, which is the company's most recent Linux-based application server product with cellular communications and the latest installment to the award-winning PremierWave family, is available now for purchase at Lantronix.com, as well as through the company's global network of distribution partners. PremierWave XC is designed for applications in a variety of vertical markets including telemetry, utilities, industrial automation, healthcare, energy, and more. The product allows remote access and management of virtually any serial equipment or device through the use of the market-leading Lantronix device server application suite and optional custom programming environment. By utilizing the GSM/GPRS network, PremierWave XC provides a solution for applications in areas that do not have an Ethernet or Wi-Fi infrastructure or for installations that have Ethernet connectivity and rely on GSM/GPRS for failover backup ensuring redundancy.
• Dual network connectivity for flexibility and redundancy;
• Dual serial port with up to 920kb/s speed;
• Unique design for quick and easy connectivity to virtually any device with a serial port, using TCP or UDP protocol with robust SSH or SSL enterprise-level security;
• Extended operating temperature range for industrial applications;
• Simple device configuration and monitoring with powerful, industry-standard management tools (Web, CLI, XML); and
• Optional programming environment for custom applications.
Pricing and Availability
PremierWave XC MSRP is set at $328, and is available for purchase now at Lantronix.com, as well as through the company's global network of distribution partners.
Posted by Sara Cohen, Editorial Intern
July 9, 2012