Tektronix  (Beaverton, OR) recently introduced the MDO4000B series of mixed domain oscilloscopes that features significantly enhanced spectrum analyzer performance and, when used with Tektronix SignalVu-PC, a wide bandwidth vector signal analysis capability and deep support for WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/j/n/p/ac testing.
Introduced in August 2011, the Tektronix mixed domain oscilloscopes contain an integrated spectrum analyzer that can capture time-correlated analog, digital, and RF signals for a complete system view of a user’s device. Much of the popularity of the MDO4000 has been driven by the steadily increasing integration of wireless interfaces including Wi-Fi, Zigbee, and RFID into everyday applications, meaning more engineers face the challenge of debugging a device with integrated RF. Engineers using the MDO4000 report significant gains in debug productivity coupled with the versatility and technical capability they need to tackle a wide range of test challenges.
At its core, a mixed domain oscilloscope combines the functionality of Tektronix popular mixed signal oscilloscopes (MSO) with a powerful spectrum analyzer in a single instrument. With the introduction of the MDO4000B, Tektronix has significantly enhanced the performance of the MDO’s spectrum analyzer compared to the original MDO4000 instruments. These enhancements include the following:
- Spurious Free Dynamic Range (SFDR) has improved to 60 dBc guaranteed and 65 dBc typical (from 55/60 typical), giving users higher confidence while performing spurious searches.
- Phase noise performance has improved as much as 20 dB enabling close-in spurious measurements and phase noise evaluation.
- Vector calibrated I&Q data enable high-accuracy modulation and vector measurements.
- Maximum RF acquisition time has been doubled from 79 to 158 ms enabling longer time correlation with the rest of the system as well as the capture and analysis of multiple bursts of modulated data.
- Lower Frequency Limit has dropped from 50 to 9 kHz, enabling EMI diagnostics over the frequency range specified by international regulations.
For more information, please visit www.tek.com 
Tektronix recently introduced the MDO4000B series of mixed domain oscilloscopes that features significantly enhanced spectrum analyzer performance and, when used with Tektronix SignalVu-PC, a wide bandwidth vector signal analysis capability and deep support for...