dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik gmbh  (Germany) and ZIGPOS  (Germany) GmbH together launch an advanced technology evaluation kit enabling assessment of the accurate indoor- and outdoor energy efficient Real-Time locating system (eeRTLS) offered by the partners. The evaluation kit allows an easy start-up for evaluation of the innovative locating system, developed by ZIGPOS and based on Atmel´s new ranging technology. It comes with small complexity while providing accurate position information for any sensor, actuator or other objects in the wireless network. The eeRTLS technology can be applied seamlessly in indoor, outdoor or mixed scenarios in a completely independent mode of operation. No satellite components are required. Key Features enabled by the new technology include:
- An advanced wireless sensor and actuator network.
- A highly accurate real time radio location tracking system.
- Indoor and outdoor application scenarios.
- A global applicable solution.
- Low-power and low-cost IEEE 802.15.4 standard compatible radio technology.
- Simple device commissioning.
- Robust and easy to use radio networking .
- Reliable and secure protocol stack.