Microchip Technology Inc.  (Chandler, AZ) [NASDAQ: MCHP ] has announced the expansion of its wireless product portfolio with a certified Bluetooth Audio Module that supports audio for voice and music. The RN52 module provides:
- Extremely low-power consumption in a small, surface-mount form factor.
- Standard Bluetooth audio and data profiles for all smart-phone platforms.
- Applicability in wireless stereo speakers, headphones, automotive hands-free, medical devices, and computer accessories.
- A simple-to-use and robust design model that works with any microprocessor or microcontroller, helping designers to get their accessories to market faster.
- An embedded Bluetooth stack, which includes the popular SPP, A2DP, HFP/HSP and AVRCP profiles, along with the iAP for use with iPhone and iPod.
For more information visit www.microchip.com .