Richardson RFPD has announces immediate availability and full design support capabilities for a new family of GPS modules featuring SiRFstarIV™ GPS technology from Maestro-Wireless Solutions (Maestro Wireless). These modules are offered in flash and ROM memory versions, as well as a highly-integrated GPS/Smart antenna version, to best meet varying application requirements.
Key features of this family of GPS modules include:
• Ultra High Sensitivity: 163 dBm Tracking
• Advanced Low Power Modes: 47 mW Tracking, 30 µW Hibernation Mode
• Host configurable to UART, SPI or I2C
• Navigation Update Rate up to 5 Hz
• CW Jammer Remover, Track and Remove up to 8 CW
• SiRFstarIV GSD4e GPS Chipset with Integrated LNA
• 1.8V and 3.3V Versions Available
• SiRFaware, SiRFNav and Assisted GPS features
The 3.3V A2100-A and 1.8V A2100-B are the core Maestro GPS modules that provide base platforms for the customer to develop around. The A2035-H integrates the A2100-A with a tiny patch antenna to form an easy-to-integrate smart antenna GPS module. For customers needing a small form factor and aggressive pricing for volume production, the A2200-A is available as a ROM memory module.
For more information, please click here .
Posted by Ron M. Seidel, Editorial Intern
March 22, 2012