THIEF RIVER FALLS, MN, – Global electronic components distributor Digi-Key Corporation, the industry leader in electronic component selection, availability and delivery, has announced a broadened selection of value added services. In response to a growing demand for customization, the services help customers accelerate time-to-market and reduce total cost of ownership.
The company’s value-added services are product design, prototyping and production resources that complement the deep and broad selection of inventory available at Digi-Key.com. The services are designed to reduce product design, assembly and development time by tapping into the expertise and resources of Digi-Key’s technical and product distribution teams.
“Value-added services provide a unique dimension to our already expansive line of products and services,” said Chris Beeson, Vice President, Global Sales and Business Development at Digi-Key. “We are always seeking ways to pass on more value to our customers and one request in high-demand is customized solutions that can reduce design cycles and speed time-to-market.”
Digi-Key’s unique hybrid business model is the ideal vehicle for providing value-added services, supporting the design engineer’s complete product manufacturing process from “prototype to production. An unmatched selection of 860,000 in-stock products available for immediate delivery combined with the unique ability to scale from a single part order to more complex high-mix/low volume orders makes value-add services a very profitable solution for Digi-Key customers.
Digi-Key offers the following Value-Added Services:
- Digi-Reels: Custom quantity reel of continuous cut-tape made from a manufacturer's reel.
- Consolidated Shipping: Multiple orders can be combined into several larger boxes, mitigating shipping cost and volume.
- Pin Header Trimming: Pin headers, cut to custom position lengths, as requested by the customer.
- Resistor Trimming: Precision resistor trimming to .00001 resistance.
- Programming: Oscillators, Micro Controllers, FPGAs, CPLDs, and a wide variety of Memory Devices, programmed to customer specifications.
- Ribbon/Modular Cable Assembly: A wide variety of custom, multi-manufacturer cable assemblies, in addition to standard cable assemblies.
- Custom Fans and Harnesses: Over 180 different Fan Custom Cables and DCC’s, based on customer drawings.
- Heat Shrink: In-stock heat shrink parts, cut to requested lengths and quantities.
- Flat Flex Cable: We offer the ability to cut down, label, terminate pins, and attach connectors to accommodate a customer’s request.
- Battery: Battery packs are welded in several configurations with shrink-wrap and different termination options.
For more information, visit www.digikey.com .
Global electronic components distributor Digi-Key Corporation, the industry leader in electronic component selection, availability and delivery, has announced a broadened selection of value added services. In response to a growing demand for customization, the services help customers accelerate time-to-market and reduce total cost of ownership.