SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The IEEE MTT-S 2013 International Microwave Symposium (IMS)  is set to debut Wireless Industry Day, which will be held on June 5 at the Washington State Convention Center as part of Microwave Week. Wireless Industry Day is designed to showcase both emerging technologies and provide practical, application-oriented information to attendees and the regional wireless community.
Wireless Industry Day includes six sessions led by professionals from Boeing Co., AT&T, Intel and more, and will provide a unique opportunity for the regional community, engineers and students to network, share their expertise and learn about the rapidly growing wireless industry.
“We’ve become a society reliant on wireless. From the smartphones we use, the coffee shops we visit, to the cars we drive, wireless technologies have become an everyday part of our lives,” says Janet O’Neil, co-chair of Wireless Industry Day. “Sessions will unearth trends, highlight advancements and showcase how local companies are finding solutions to the depleting supply of wireless spectrum, ultimately making our lives better.”
Wireless Industry Day topics and speakers include:
- “From Maxwell’s Equations to Modern Electromagnetics and Antenna Engineering Marvels” – presented by Professor Yahya Rahmat-Samii, IEEE fellow, University of California, Los Angeles“Key Technology Trends in Wireless for the Aerospace Industry” – presented by Dr. Julio Navarro, senior technical fellow, Boeing Co., Seattle.
- “Bluetooth: The Future of Wireless Medical Technology” – presented by Bill Saltzstein, president, connectBlue, Inc., Redmond, Wash.
- “Prospects and Challenges for GHz to THz Technologies/Architectures for Future Wireless Communications” – presented by Dr. Debabani Choudury, IEEE fellow and senior technologist; and Harry Skinner, senior principal engineer, Intel Labs, Hillsboro, Ore.
- “Radiated Performance Assessment of Wireless Communications Devices – An Operator’s Perspective” – presented by Scott Prather, lead product development engineer, AT&T, Redmond, Wash.
- “Evaluating Over-the-Air Performance of MIMO Wireless Devices” – presented by Dr. Michael Foegelle, director of technology development, ETS-Lindgren, Cedar Park, Texas.
Wireless Industry Day is sponsored by Technical Committee MTT-19 and the Seattle chapter of IEEE. For Wireless Industry Day information, abstracts and speaker bios visit: http://www.ims2013.org/technical-program/workshops/wireless-industry-day . The seminar shares Microwave Week with the RFIC Symposium and ARFTG Conference during IMS2013, which takes place June 2-7, 2013.
For more information visit http://www.ims2013.org .
The IEEE MTT-S 2013 International Microwave Symposium (IMS)  is set to debut Wireless Industry Day, which will be held on June 5 at the Washington State Convention Center as part of Microwave Week. Wireless Industry Day is designed to showcase both emerging technologies and provide practical, application-oriented information to attendees and the regional wireless community.