Collaboration enables lightning fast “search-as-you-type” on HTC devices
Irvine, Calif. and Taipei, Taiwan – October 22, 2013 — SRCH2 and HTC have teamed up to bring lightning-fast “search-as-you-type” to HTC devices.
SRCH2 is collaborating with HTC to provide industry-leading advanced search capability. This faster, better solution is planned to be incorporated in HTC’s next generation of market-leading devices.
The addition of SRCH2 will give users a new way to search for content, locations and people on their handsets, enabling industry-leading advanced search quality at lightning speeds. “HTC is always pushing the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. We are pleased that SRCH2 could be a part of HTC’s next generation of market-leading handsets,” said Chen Li, SRCH2 founder and CTO.
“Search-as-you-type on a handset is an industry-first, and will be an eye-popper for HTC’s millions of users,” said SRCH2’s CEO, Dev Bhatia. “They will be delighted by a super-fast, ultra-friendly, universal search experience, fully integrated into their devices. Our tools, running right on the device, will enable a plethora of new interactions with all kinds of on-device and off-device content.”
“SRCH2’s search-as-you-type is like nothing consumers have ever seen in the handset market, and I’m sure it will be a welcome and differentiating feature for HTC’s next generation of handsets,” said [industry analyst]. “Running SRCH2 as a universal search engine as part of the OS is a strong move for HTC, and it speaks to the vast market potential for advanced search features on mobile, where existing search engines are relatively poor performers.”
SRCH2 offers search software rebuilt from the ground up to address the needs of a data-driven world. In particular, the SRCH2 feature-set serves new needs in mobile search. Some of SRCH2’s powerful features include:
- Instant Forward Search: “Search-as-you-type” functionality presents new choices with every keystroke and helps users find what they want, faster. Until now, very few search boxes offer robust, relevant instant forward search and even fewer mobile devices offer relevant instant forward search.
- Rapid GeoSearch: Localized search for places or merchandise nearby is increasingly important for mobile device users. SRCH2 treats location-search as a single-process search element, enabling super-fast, relevant, geo-aware search.
- Error Tolerance: Guess wht? Peopl make tyops. It happens. And on mobile and non-traditional devices, it happens a lot. With SRCH2, typos are not as costly because users can still find what they’re looking for. Error tolerance can be fully configured by developers.
- Ranking customization: SRCH2 enables developers to easily assign weightings to rank results, without custom coding.
- Real-time updates: Most search software has to lock or slow down inbound queries while data is being updated and re-indexed. SRCH2 software can be configured to index information as it comes in, with no lock or performance denigration.
- All-in-one: SRCH2 delivers all features in one highly configurable solution, with no custom development required.
Click here to view the video http://youtu.be/ws-vJC8US2c
Click here to view the slideshow http://www.slideshare.net/devbhatia/srch2-sdk
For more information, visit www.srch2.com.