2013 was a very exciting year. After I joined the Wireless Design & Development (WDD) team, we launched three new video products, and created a fresh look for our daily newsletter and print issue. But we aren’t finished yet as WDD has great things in store for 2014, including the launch of our new editorial advisory board.
The members chosen for the board will help steer WDD’s editorial content by providing comprehensive insight on the trends and issues important to our audience. They will make sure we are providing the most exclusive and vital information important for electronic design and development engineering professionals to better perform their day-to-day tasks.
Please join me in welcoming WDD’s 2014 Editorial Advisory Board:
- Tom Donofrio, Marketing Manager, Central Semiconductor – Tom is responsible for Central’s worldwide marketing efforts, including marketing strategies, brand management, marcom, new product introductions, and trade shows.
- Mario Bokatius, Product Manager, Freescale – Mario is a recognized RF industry expert and proven leader.
- Edgardo Menendez, Field Applications Engineer, AVX – Edgardo started work at AVX in 2012 as a field applications engineer focusing on RF/microwave, circuit protection, and inductor products.
- Janine R. Whitacre, LTE Market Program Manager, Agilent Technologies – Janine has more than 20 years of experience working on emerging cellular technologies.
- Tim Boles, Director of Strategy, MACOM – Tim joined MACOM in 1991 and is one of five current MACOM Technology Fellows.
- Bill Conley, Product Manager, B&B Electronics – Bill has owned several wireless telemetry companies and has more than 25 years of hands-on experience in the wireless field as an embedded design engineer.
- Matt Lee, Founder & Technical Team Lead, Oscium – In 2003, Matt helped develop 2.4 GHz DSSS wireless technology for a hobby company.
- Ryan Baker, Marketing Manager, Cree – Ryan is an active member of the RF community, and has served as the Exhibition and Sponsorship Chair for IEEE Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference (WAMICON).
- Dr. Charles Trantanella, Vice President of Engineering, Custom MMIC – Dr. Trantanella has been a pioneer in the microwave industry since 1994 when he started working at Hittite Microwave.
- Brad Gilbert, Senior Product Manager, FreeWave Technologies – Brad has 16+ years of product, project, and engineering management experience in diverse and fast paced environments.
- Phyllis Cosentino, Product Marketing, National Instruments – Phyllis is recognized as an industry expert in the development of cellular mobile registration capabilities.
I want to thank each member for their participation on this year's 2014 editorial advisory board, and I would like to invite all of you to stay tuned for upcoming feature profiles of each member.
For more information regarding the board and other editorial opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article originally appeared in the January/February print issue. Click here to read the full issue.