Engineering Update #5: Robotic Cockroaches, Lightsabers, a 3D Wearable Mouse, and Google Glass
Thu, 02/28/2013 - 12:28pm
In this episode of Engineering Update, brought to you by Mouser Electronics:
- Researchers at the University of Michigan are studying cockroaches in order to advance robotic technology.
- A 3D wearable, wireless, thumb-activated, space recognition, Bluetooth 4.0 low-energy protocol mouse called Mycestro.
- Google Glass presents the latest in wearable computing technology with internet-connected glasses.
- Physicists at MIT and the U.S. Department of Energy are measuring fleeting electron waves in search of clues behind the mysterious mechanism of high-temperature superconductivity.
- An international team of scientists finds that graphene is incredibly efficient at converting light into electricity.
For more information visit www.ecnmag.com.