TDK Announces High-Performance EPCOS PFC Thyristor Module
TDK Corporation (Iselin, NJ) announced the new EPCOS TSM-LC-S thyristor module for dynamic power factor correction (PFC). Designed for voltages of 200 V AC t0 440 V AC (50/60 Hz), it is suitable for compensating reactive powers of up to 55 kvar. Installation takes place via the system bus (RJ45). Integrated measuring electronics logs key operating data such as voltage of the grid and current, temperature, and switching state of the PFC capacitor. Features include:
- High correction power of up to 55 kvar.
- Detection and logging of key operating data, presented on an OLED display.
- Bidirectional communication with the PF controller for optimal control and monitoring.
- Direct control via system bus and interface (RJ45 patch cable).
- Short switching time of only 5 ms.
- Silent and smooth switching with no wear and maintenance-free because of thyristors.
For more information, visit www.tdk.com.