Knowles Develops Digital Ultrasonic MEMS Microphone
The engineers at Knowles Corporation (Itasca, IL) have developed the world’s first digital microphone supporting ultrasonic bandwidth. This new product allows the microphone to assist smartphones and consumer electronics with touch-less gesture recognition, phone-to-phone data transmission, pen input compatibility for handsets and tablets, and 3D positioning input. Technical data includes:
- Ultrasonic frequencies: Up to 80kHz.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Nominal 64.3 dB(A).
- Flat Frequency Response: Up to 20 kHz.
- Power consumption: 235µA in low power mode.
- Size: More than 20% smaller than other digital microphones.
- Sensitivity matching: ±1 dB.
For more information, visit www.knowles.com.