Conexant Introduces New HD Audio CODEC
Conexant Systems Inc. (Taipei, Taiwan) has announced the CX20952, a new HD Audio CODEC that enables high quality audio on computers and tablets with low power consumption, two cap-free headphone amplifiers, and a fully-integrated Class-D amplifier. Part of Conexant’s AudioSmart family, the new CX20952 is also an intelligent device: a single-chip solution that monitors power delivered to speakers, ensuring maximum sound pressure level (SPL) and optimal performance without damage to system components.
Differentiated from standalone smart amplifier solutions, Conexant’s fully-integrated CX20952 enables a smaller motherboard footprint and lower bill of materials (BOM) cost for applications that do not require the high output power of a large, discrete device. The new SoC is designed to meet consumer demand for high quality audio that pushes the limits of sound in tablets and compact PCs.
With two cap-free HP/Line outputs and a universal jack that automatically detects and configures itself to support CTIA (Apple) or OMTP (Nokia) style headsets, Conexant’s high quality CX20952 solution delivers the following key features:
- Support for multiple peripheral types (headphones, headsets, powered speakers, microphones and line-in devices) with a single 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Support for an additional direct-drive headphone output on a docking station or second jack panel.
- Loud, clear audio playback from small speakers in space-limited enclosures (typical of today’s compact industrial designs).
- Stereo AudioSmart Class-D Speaker Amplifier for intelligent delivery of up to 2.8 W per channel.
- Integrated Hardware EQ/DRC with SpeakerShield Class-D protection.
- Mono Output with tunable hardware LPF/BPF for subwoofer applications.
- Up to four digital microphones supporting advanced configurations for tablets, convertibles, clamshells, and AIOs.
- Analog PC BEEP, EAPD, and GPIOs.
- I2 C interface allowing real-time software control of auxiliary devices.
- D3 Live supporting pass-through audio playback to Class-D with active EQ/DRC while system is asleep.
For more information visit conexant.com.