Universal-Mounted Resistor Offers Drop-in Replacement for Competing Solutions
Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (Malvern, PA) [NYSE: VSH] has introduced a new universal edgewound power resistor. Providing a convenient drop-in replacement for competing solutions, the universal-mounted EDGU combines a high-reliability design with continuous duty operation up to 85 A and a short-time overload of 10x rated power for five seconds.
The Vishay Milwaukee EDGU features a resistance-alloy ribbon wire that is coiled on edge and supported on specially designed porcelain insulators, which provide proper turn-to-turn spacing and insulation from support bars. The device's open-coil construction allows for efficient heat dissipation and easily accommodates overloads and surges. The EDGU's terminals are welded to the resistive wire for a reliable electric connection.
- Current ratings from 17.2 to 85 A.
- Power ratings from 400 to 1,600 W.
- Optimized for precharge, discharge, dynamic braking, load testing, and heater applications.
- Ideal in locomotives, wind turbines, and harmonic filters.
- Resistance range from 0.053 to 5.44 Ω.
- Tolerance of ± 10%.
- Can be mounted on Vishay Milwaukee frames or in NEMA 1, 2, or 3R enclosures.
For more information visit vishay.com.