TNAM Introduces Wide Format, High-Bright LCDs
Tianma NLT America (TNAM) (Santa Clara, CA) has introduced four new wide format LCD modules with ultra-high luminance, long-life LED backlights, and wide operating temperature ranges. These a-SI TFT displays feature WVGA (Wide Video Graphics Array) resolution — two 7.0” displays and the 8.0” — and WXGA (Widescreen Ultra Extended Graphics Array) resolution in the 12.1” size, with wide viewing angles and daylight readability.
Typically, displays used in outdoor environments are equipped with high-power backlights in order to achieve sufficient viewability when exposed to strong light such as direct sunlight. Under these conditions, LED backlights require greater power consumption in order to achieve sufficient luminance to be readable in outdoor settings, which shortens the backlight’s lifespan. Tianma NLT America has met the demand for high brightness, longer backlight lifespan, and reduced maintenance costs by optimizing the design and heat dissipation performance of the backlight.
Features for each include:
- Luminance of 1,000 cd/m2.
- Long-life white LED backlight units (BLUs) with a lifetime of 100,000 hours.
- Lower maintenance costs for equipment and reduced environmental impact.
- Operating temperature range of -30º to +80ºC.
- Luminance of 1,800 cd/m2.
- LED BLUs with lifetime of 60,000 hours.
- ColorXcell, which enables vivid color reproduction of images without increasing power consumption.
- Operating temperature range of -20º to +70ºC.
For more information visit tianma-nlt.com.