New Insulation Resistance Tester from Megger Rated at 15 kV
Megger (Norristown, PA) has introduced a versatile insulation resistance tester (IRT) rated at 15 kV. The MIT1525 measures motors and generators above 34,500 V and equipment rated above 35 kV. The 15 kV MIT1525 is compact, lightweight and has rapid charge capabilities. It tests the insulation resistance of high-voltage power cables and buses, large motor/generator windings, as well as substation transformers. Technical specifications include:
- A maximum resistance of 30 TΩ.
- 6 mA of noise rejection.
- PI, DAR, DD, SV & ramp tests.
- Operation from battery or AC source.
- A rapid charge Li-ion battery.
- Terminals safety rated to CAT IV 1,000 V to 3,000 m.
- An advanced memory with time/date stamp.
For more information, visit www.megger.com.