Microchip Introduces Power Monitoring IC with High-Accuracy Signal Acquisition and Power Calculations
Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) [NASDAQ: MCHP] has announced a new power monitoring IC, the MCP39F501. This device is a highly integrated, single-phase power-monitoring IC designed for real-time measurement of AC power. The device enables high-performance, cost-effective designs in the commercial (e.g., server and networking power supplies, power distribution units, lighting systems); consumer (e.g., appliance and smart plugs); and industrial markets (e.g., power meters and industrial equipment). The MCP39F501 features:
- 24-bit delta-sigma ADCs.
- A 16-bit calculation engine.
- EEPROM and a flexible two-wire interface.
- An integrated low-drift voltage reference.
- 94.5 dB of SINAD performance on each measurement channel.
- 0.1 % error across a 4000:1 dynamic range in designs.
- An operating temperature range from -40 to +125°C.
For more information, visit www.microchip.com.