A Low Profile Companion Solution for GPS Receiver & Antenna
Telit Wireless Solutions , (Raleigh, N.C) and Parsec Technologies (Plano, TX) have announced that a combination of the companies’ technologies has resulted in a low profile companion solution for GPS receiver and antenna. The miniature 4.7x4.7mm LGA (Land Grid Array), SiRFstarIV-based Jupiter SE880 receiver module employs leading heterogeneous 3D integrated technology to achieve best-in-class performance in all dimensions critical for regular or size-constrained GPS applications. Other features include:
- Reduced parasitic impedances characteristic of traditional 2-D RF designs.
- A 2.4 GHz notch-filter capable of nullifying the jamming effects of high-energy radio devices such as Wi-Fi hot-spots, Bluetooth systems, cordless phones, and others.
- A flat component arrangement that yields an ultra-low profile volume of 6 x16 x 2.4 mm.
- 15 dB of additional gain in the operating frequency range.
- A frequency centered @ 1,575.42 (±1.023) MHz.
- A radiated efficiency greater than 60% when mated to the Jupiter SE880 receiver.