ACCES I/O Products Releases RS-232 Serial Adapter for Android Devices
ACCES I/O Products (San Diego, CA) has released a new USB serial interface board—the ANDROID-232. Users can now control legacy RS-232 devices directly from modern Android devices. The ANDROID-232 uses the Android Open Accessory protocol to convince an Android device that its onboard USB port is an RS-232 port. This two way data port allows external hardware to control the Android unit, or vice versa. Serial data up to 921.6kbps is supported (a max of 115.2kbps without flow control). Onboard circuitry will provide power to charge your Android device while connected. Key features of the ANDROID-232 board include:An Android USB 2.0 Full-Speed Host to industry standard RS-232 DB9M serial port.
- Support of UART interface with RX, TX, RTS and CTS.
- A RX buffer size of 5512 bytes; a TX buffer size of 256 bytes.
- Support of baud rates up to 460.8kbps, 921.6kbps optional.
- Use with any Android platform supporting Android Open Accessory Mode (typically 3.1 or above).
- ESD protection up to ±15kV on USB data lines and all RS-232 signals.
- Status and fault LEDs including external power, charging status, and USB status.
- Support of USB charging for Android devices.
- A latching +5V external power input connector with external regulated power supply.
- An industrial operating temperature of (-40˚ to +85˚C) standard.
For more information, visit www.accesio.com