ACCES I/O Products Releases Ethernet Digital I/O Module
ACCES I/O Products (San Diego, CA) has released a new addition to its Ethernet family of products - Model ETH-DIO-48. Designed for compact control and monitoring applications, this product features 48 or 24 industrial strength TTL digital I/O lines. This Ethernet device is an ideal solution for adding portable, easy-to-install, digital I/O to any Ethernet network, even wirelessly. The ETH-DIO-48 is excellent for use in applications sensing inputs such as switch closures, TTL, LVTTL, CMOS logic, and is ideal for controlling external relays, driving indicator lights, and more. Applications include home, portable, tablet, laboratory, industrial automation, and embedded OEM.
Each I/O line is buffered and capable of sourcing 32 mA or sinking 64 mA. Jumper selected resistors permit user configuration of I/O lines for pull-up (to +5 VDC), pull-down (to ground), or floating, depending on the application requirement. Pull-ups are useful for contact monitoring and assure that there are no erroneous outputs at power-up until the board is initialized by system software.
Connections to the board are made via two industry standard, 50-pin IDC-type headers. Each header has three 8-bit I/O ports designated A, B, and C. Each port can be programmed as inputs or outputs. For external circuits, 0.5 A fused +5 VDC power is available at pin 49 of each I/O connector.
Available accessories include a broad range of ribbon cables, screw terminal boards, optically isolated adapters, electromechanical relay boards, and industry standard solid state module racks. Special order items such as conformal coating, custom software, right angle headers, and more, are also available.
Key features of the ETH-DIO-48 include:
- Ethernet 10/100 RJ45 connector for interfacing to CPU or network.
- 48 or 24 channel high-current TTL digital I/O lines.
- Compatiblity with industry standard I/O racks such as Grayhill, Opto 22, Western Reserve Controls, etc.
- Eight-bit ports software selectable for inputs or outputs.
- I/O lines buffered with 32 mA source / 64 mA sink current capabilities.
- Jumper selectable I/O pulled up to 5 V (via 10 KΩ) for contact monitoring, pulled down to ground or floating.
- Resettable 0.5 A fused +5 VDC output per I/O connector.
- OEM version (board only), featuring PC/104 size and mounting compatibility.
- Small (4"x4"x1.7"), rugged, steel industrial enclosure.
- LVTTL (3.3 V) and -40° to +85° C industrial operating temperature available as factory options.
For more information visit accesio.com.