Compact, Plug-n-play Accelerometer from Measurement Specialties
Measurement Specialties (Hampton, VA) offers the Model 8101, a compact, low-cost accelerometer designed for general purpose vibration measurement. The new plug-and-play piezoelectric linear accelerometer is available in two dynamic ranges, ±40 g and ±160 g, for use in a wide number of applications, as well as in two measurement directions, either an X- or Z-axis configuration. The sensor is ideal for asset, impact and machine health monitoring as well as data loggers, system wake-up switches and product R&D. Features include:
- Stable piezo-ceramic shear design.
- Operating temperature range of -40ºC to +85ºC.
- Excitation voltage of 7 Vdc to 30 Vdc.
- Non-linearity of ±2% (FSO).
- Shock limit of 2,000 g’s.
- Integral cable for plug and play.
For more information, visit www.meas-spec.com