Speed and Secure Smart Meter Designs with High Performance Smart Grid Reference Platform
Designers of smart meters can now reduce time to market, raise the bar for higher accuracy, and secure their designs with Capistrano, a smart grid reference platform from Maxim Integrated (Munich, Germany).
Powered by the company’s Zeus metering SoC, Capistrano protects designs with advanced cryptography, physical attack detection, and life-cycle security schemes. Protecting more than just the smart meter, the security technology is capable of securing any distributed node in the smart grid. Additionally, the high integration in Capistrano makes it versatile — it simplifies smart grid designs by integrating four complex processors: an applications processor, metering microcontroller, metering front-end/DSP, and security coprocessor. It also offers 0.1 percent accuracy over a wide current range of 8000:1. The combination of advanced measurement, powerful security tools, and efficient processing allows Capistrano to support evolving application design requirements. Thus, it is ideal for a wide variety of applications, including smart meters, smart lighting, solar inverters, building automation, submetering, and other smart applications.
- High integration: integrates an applications processor, metering microcontroller, metering front-end/DSP, and a secure coprocessor.
- Advanced security: integrates physical-attack detection, a secure bootloader, and advanced cryptography schemes including elliptic curve; supports secure in-field software upgrades.
- Excellent performance: offers independent ADC channels for metrology; 0.1% accuracy over an 8000:1 range.
- Flexibility: easily connect Capistrano to PRIME, G3-PLC™, GPRS, and other modems; enough processing power to handle future application requirements.
- Simplifies and speeds designs: start designs for next-generation smart grid products with the most integrated reference platform and optimized BOM cost.
For more information, please visit www.maximintegrated.com