Sierra Wireless Delivers Flexibility to Essential Wireless Connectivity for M2M
Sierra Wireless (Vancouver, Canada) recently announced the launch of the latest additions to the AirPrime HL Series of embedded wireless modules for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. The new AirPrime HL modules:
- Are small embedded wireless modules (22 x 23 mm).
- Include satellite navigation support.
- Are completely interchangeable across 2G, 3G, and 4G technologies.
- Provide device manufacturers with the ability to serve different regions across multiple network technologies with one device design.
- Are designed to be flexible, providing manufacturers with the choice of soldering down the module for efficient high-volume production or using an innovative snap-in socket.
With the snap-in socket, device manufacturers can quickly place the module in the device any time in the production cycle and swap 2G modules for 3G or 4G modules in the future, even in completed and field-deployed devices. With both the snap-in and solder-down options, manufacturers can leverage one design for their 2G, 3G, and 4G deployments simply by changing the module installed in production – no other changes to the device design would be required.
In addition to the flexible hardware design, the AirPrime HL Series is designed to be future-proof. With AirVantage Management Service, an off-the-shelf cloud-based M2M platform from Sierra Wireless, customers can easily upgrade device firmware over-the-air for thousands or even millions of deployed devices at a time, ensuring they can stay in service for many years while lowering maintenance time and operating costs.
The AirPrime HL Series is ideal for M2M communications applications in point-of-sale, smart grid, and fleet management or tracking, with GNSS (GPS and GLONASS) included.
For more information, please visit www.sierrawireless.com