AVX Expands Mini-Turbocap BME Capacitor Series
AVX (Greenville, SC) has expanded its Mini-TurboCap and RoHS Compliant Mini-TurboCap Series with a new 25V rating and an extended capacitance range (up to 39µF) for its 50V parts. Now available in 25V, 50V, and 100V, these base metal electrode (BME) capacitor series exhibit extremely high volumetric efficiency (CV) in addition to ultra low ESR and ESL in a compact footprint. Capable of conserving considerable amounts of critical board space, both Mini-TurboCap Series are ideal for I/O EMI filtering in military and COTS+ switch mode power supply applications, industrial power converters, radar systems, and aerospace power electronics, among several others.
Both comprised of X7R dielectric materials, the Mini-TurboCap and RoHS Compliant Mini-TurboCap Series feature:
- Operating temperature range of -55 to +125° C.
- Capacitance values up to 82µF for 25V parts; 39µF for 50V parts, and 8.2µF for 100V parts.
- Life tested to 1,000 hours at 150 % of the rated voltage and +125° C.
- Stress-relieving lead frames to ensure the effective mechanical decoupling of the chips from the board and mitigate the stress created by board flexing, vibration, and temperature cycling.
- 4-pin DIP construction.
- Terminations for both series available in three lead styles: straight (N), formed in (K), and formed out (M).
- Lead frames for both series are attached to the chips with high temperature solder, eliminating the risk of solder reflow during assembly to the board.
For more information, please visit www.avx.com