Transition Networks Introduces Access and Edge Products
Transition Networks (Minneapolis, MN) has announced the launch of its integrated Carrier Ethernet 2.0 + software defined services (SDS) orchestration solution, designed to automate the entire service lifecycle, accelerate the rollout of MEF CE 2.0 services and support stringent performance SLAs. Transition Networks’ integrated solution includes CE 2.0 demarcation devices, access switches, and Converge EMS.
Access to customer edge can be the most complex portion of a carrier’s network. With Transition Networks’ integrated CE 2.0 solution, providers benefit from the simplicity of a single vendor from access to edge. These new products help service providers compete effectively with simplified access to edge service turn-up and prepare their networks to support dynamic, on-demand and differentiated service options for business, mobile backhaul and cloud services.
The Converge EMS platform is an MEF CE 2.0 standards-based, fully integrated service and resource manager that:
- Automates the complete service lifecycle.
- Offers a unique template-based automated provisioning solution.
- Enables rapid service activation with quicker time to revenue.
- Features a RESTful API that allows for integration with SDN and other 3rd party applications for truly programmable networks.
- Features a service-centric design that reduces service provider operational expenses while its open architecture, based on the Amartus Chameleon SDS platform, supports next-generation service delivery workflows.
Demarcation Devices & Access Switches
Transition Networks’ commitment to Carrier Ethernet and the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) paved the way for CE 2.0 compliance in these new products. Transition Networks was one of the first to achieve CE 2.0 certification in January of 2013 for its S3280 demarcation devices.
Demarcation devices and access switches by Transition Networks provide end-to-end network visibility and a cost-effective way for service providers to meet even the most stringent customer SLAs. The products:
- Feature advanced Service OAM (IEEE 802.1ag and ITU Y.1731) Performance and Fault Management for strong performance assurance in business, mobile backhaul and cloud services.
- Reduce operational expenses.
- Enable service providers to address growing bandwidth needs for next-generation services.
- The new Carrier Ethernet switches, S4212 and S4224, aggregate traffic from demarcation devices for efficient transport to the core network.
- Offer mobile backhaul providers the unique capability to convert between Synchronous Ethernet and IEEE 1588v2 synchronization methods while maintaining clock accuracy.
- Feature service activation capabilities to assist with circuit turn-up and maintenance and linear and ring protection capabilities for sub-50 millisecond failover providing service redundancy.
For more information, please visit www.transition.com