RTP Line Integrates Real Time Clock, Crystal, and Solid State Battery with Re-Charging Circuit
Cardinal Components (Wayne, NJ) is introducing a new functional module product line called Real Time Plus (RTP).
The Real Time Clock features:
- Two-wire I2C control.
- RoHS Solid State Battery (ENERCHIP enabled).
- Trickle charge-recharging circuit.
- Power management circuit.
- 32 kHz watch crystal.
- SMD package (also available in a plastic LGA).
- 8 Bytes of Ram.
- 2 Bytes of EEPRO.
- Discrete plastic Surface Mount 10 x 12 mm package.
Initial introduction includes three versions: the CRTPN05 with 4-day battery backup, the CRTPA12 with 20-day backup, and the CRTPA50 datasheet with 90-day backup. Cardinal’s Real Time Plus saves design time, board space, and cost, and it provides customers the ability for further system integration. Its unique features make the RTP a good fit for a host of markets, including consumer electronics, industrial, commercial, aerospace, agricultural, medical, and military.
- Smart energy.
- Energy harvesting.
- Micro-robotic vehicles.
- Perimeter security.
- Border intrusion networks.
- Aircraft monitoring.
- Implantable medical devices.
- Green technologies.
- POS systems.
- Surveillance and safety monitoring systems.
- Data logging.
- Time keeping/stamping.
- Ticketing systems.
- Portable and battery operated devices.
- White goods.
- Wireless networks.
Future products will also incorporate EEPROM memory, oscillators, power management, communications interface, controls, and other sensors integrated in a new plastic surface-mount style package.
For more information, please visit www.cardinalxtal.com